Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical Malpractice Attorney, Markeishia L. Smith: Serving Winter Haven, Lakeland, Bartow, Haines City, Polk County, and Central Florida.
Call (863) 866-9917 today to schedule a confidential consultation with medical malpractice attorney, Markeishia L. Smith.
Medical Malpractice cases involve medical errors, misdiagnosis, careless acts, deficient medical standards or otheractions or inactions by medical doctors, nurses, and/or staff that directly causes or contributes to preventable injuries.
If it is determined that gross negligence has occured, you may seek compensation and damages against the medical facility and/or doctor(s) or other staff that were involved. Gross negligence in this circumstance means that given the available information, no other medial professional would have chose to provide treatment in the manner that the medical professional chose to do so.
Elements you typically need to win a medical malpractice case include, but are not limited to are:
- Two Medical Doctors that will review your medical records and agree that a reasonable standard of care was not met in your medical proceedure, treatment, or care.
- Hold depositions for all parties that were inviolved, as medical facilities will often chose not to document their errors.
- Identifying any missing or altered documentation regarding your care, proceedures, medications, prescription orders, or any other annomalies in your case.
Lastly, you will need an experienced and aggressive attorney that can take all of this information and in a detailed and dedicated manner, present your case and fight for your legal rights.
Examples of common medical malpractice cases include, but are not limited to:
- Wrong or missed diagnosis
- Not ordering correct and necessary tests
- Surgical Errors
- Inncorrect medication or prescrition errors
- Delaying treatment or sending someone home when they clearly should have at a minimum been placed under a period of medical observation.
- Performing unaproved medical proceedures
- Medical chart errors that lead to injuries because of missinformation
If a loss of life results from a medical malpractice, immediate family members may seek justice through wrongful death civil litigation.
If you have questions regarding your Medical Malpractice legal needs, contact our office.